Morundah is a crossroads town that is now also a by-pass community. Morundah is encounted when traveling between Jerilderie and Narrandera or from Urana to Griffith. Today it is difficult to have an appreciation of what was once was.
In 1877 A Post Office under the control of Henry Underwood was established at Colombo Creek and a railway station was established on 16th September, 1884. The Post Office was changed to Murundah in December 1889 and to Morundah in August 1895.
A purpose built theatre, the “Paradise Palladium Theatre” was built to host a one off performance by Oz Opera of “Carmen” in 2006. Due to the success of this event, it is now held annually. The theatre also hosts an annual ball, an annual market day and every second year an educational workshop for children.
Public art is a big feature in the village, with tree carvings and the newly fitted “Toolbox”. This horse sculpture was commissioned by the residents of Morundah to commemorate 100 years of both registered and bush picnic horse racing in the village. It was made by local artist Andrew Whitehead of Urana.