Beaudesert is the capitol of the hinterland region south west of Brisbane. Beaudesert services a rich rural district that is in part provides Brisbane with most fruit and vegetable necessities. Beaudesert is also a rapidly growing dormitory suburb of Brisbane. So far Beaudesert is maintaining some of its rural and historical heritage, but development pressures are apparent.
It is possibly named after Beau Desert Park, the property of Charles Henry Alexander Paget, 6th Marquess of Anglesey in Staffordshire, England. Yet it is certain that Queensland's Beaudesert was named in about 1841/42 by 'Ned Hawkins', or Edward Brace Hawkins (1821-1849), who was claiming the area as a sheep station on behalf of his employer Mr. Suttor at Bathurst. It is not known why Hawkins picked the name Beaudesert.
Located in the Logan River and Albert River valleys, Beaudesert is a regional hub serving surrounding communities such as Rathdowney, Kooralbyn, Canungra, Tamborine Mountain and Jimboomba. Recently it has become part of the Scenic Rim Regional Shire.
Sad to say that Beaudesert is another ‘hinterland’ town that is not necessary to/or take a diversion to visit.