Although a town of considerable historic interest drives by this the trifecta factor; Perth (the name comes from Perth in Scotland) was chosen as a future township by Governor Lachlan Macquarie when he passed through the area in 1821.
It was proclaimed a township in 1836 and consequently has a considerable number of interesting and important historic buildings dating from both the Georgian and Victorian periods of colonial architecture.
The first settler in the area was Thomas Massey, the Chief Constable of Launceston, who established a farm in the district in 1814. Famously the farm was raided, and the barn was burnt down, by the bushranger Matthew Brady in 1824.
Today Perth is a quiet historic village which has largely been by-passed by the tourism which has turned many of Tasmania's other historic villages into centres full of gift shoppers and antiques retailers.
Located in Clarence Street is the Baptist Tabernacle ornate brick building (constructed in 1889) with a domed iron roof and large paneled doors. It is an exceptional building which has been created as an octagon. The historic Anglican is over the road. The United likewise is very old.
Perth has a few things going for it but is not a destination centre. If the timing is right a coffee or refreshment will be in order.