Fish Creek is encounted when traveling from Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory (or vice versa) Fish Creek is also another launch town option when visiting The Prom. Fish Creek though is a very small town and has limited services, when compared to Foster.
Fish Creek was first settled in 1886. The Post Office opened on 6 October 1890 next to the proposed railway which arrived in 1892. In 1900 a community hall was built where the Butter Factory building stands today. This hall was used as church by everyone until in 1904 a new Catholic church was built. Not long after that the Union church was opened and since then we've had a church both sides of the town.
The Great South Gippsland Railway line closed to passengers in 1980 for all stations past Leongatha. However freight and goods traffic continued until the line was formally closed in 1994. The track and all other railway infrastructure, such as signals and stations, were removed and a combined bike, pedestrian and horse riding track - The Rail Trail was established along the former rail line.
The current Fish Creek Memorial Hall, built in 1930, serves many purposes. The Hall also houses an Opp shop (charity shop), the profits from which go to funding further development work on the enhancement of Hall facilities. The War Memorial just near the Hall.